Still at Monty's!!! after killer peel-n-eat shrimp and off-the-charts dancing music!!!!

Still at Monty's!!!  after killer peel-n-eat shrimp and off-the-charts dancing music!!!!
So Mr Man isn't the best at taking cell phone pix...this picture was taken after FOUR ATTEMPTS!!!

It's MY Turn!!!

You have lucked up and found my very first blog! This is a project for my CAGS certificate at the University of New England. I LOVE being a student which is probably why I work in the Duval County school system in North Florida! So, what about me? I teach English and Reading. I love to travel. I have visited the island of Cuba and those wonderful folks on humanitarian mission trips many times in the past twelve years. That's my passion!


I'm at a great point in my life because my two beautiful kids are now in their 20's. Somehow the parenting shifted from caregiver to counselor to confidante to colleague. Again, it's a Great Time to Be Me!!!!! So, what's with the title of my blog??? I shamelessly stole it from a LONG time ago, and I had to cyber-travel to Arizona, my birthplace, to remember. This was the name of my mom's sewing shop when I was a baby! I was already famous before the age of one!


Did I mention Mr. Man? For the past two+ years, I've been involved in a long-distance relationship. We are at opposite ends of Florida, and together we've traveled from Miami to Tallahassee to Cedar Key to Orlando to Gainesville, to St. Augustine, and everywhere in between! Oh, and I turn the Big 5-0 this year. Maybe it's not the Greatest Time!!!! (LOL)

Thanks Mr. Man!

Thanks Mr. Man!
You just gotta love a man who carries your Ann Taylor stuff!!!

Meet my Family!

Meet my Family!
Aren't we beautiful? Tim is 27 and Charlotte is 25. They are the coolest people on the planet!

13 September 2010

50 isn't old if you're a tree!

No that's not Mae West in the picture...It's me showing my stomach (which is refreshing, considering I'm usually showing my A*&!...This past Saturday was St. Augustine day with my former Albanian student (who is in her last year of RN school), Anila...What fun thing about 21 year olds is that they'll go anywhere and do anything...So we happened upon a vintage clothing store run by a woman who probably owned all the 50's pieces! Well, this one caught my eye and the label is Gunne Sax...Isn't that cute? This is a size 9 in old-timey sizes...and I can't show you the back because I COULDN'T ZIP IT ALL THE WAY! Still, what a great dress!!! I am on a search to find the perfect dress for Mr. Man's annual Christmas party...This will be my 3rd time going, and the first as his SO since his promotion as the manager...(Here's your homework! look up the BILTMORE HOTEL in miami...that's where it is every year and it's a truly gay affair!!!) I'm fast approaching the 1/2 century mile-marker. One of my buds (my +1 for all things cultural or food related around Jax) took me out to eat last night and we commenced to doing some thinking about 12-2 and where to have everyone meet up! That is a Thursday, but since I want to wake up with Mr. Man that weekend, probably I should have something for everybody else and I really have to celebrate on the day of the big event!!! So, it's time to start being daring and throwing caution to the wind and embodying the red/purple-AARP carrying-spitting on sidewalk mentality of a Mae West type...I mean she said things like "A man's kiss is his signature" and "An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises" and "I speak two languages - Body and English..." I mean, why can't I channel her inner attitude for my year of celebration??? It will actually begin at Disney World on November 18th at an English teacher's conference...I'm staying at a ridiculously expensive hotel on property, but that's ok..right? So ladies, I'll do my best to keep the blog up (along with my boobs LOL) for my entire year of celebrations.....because I want the both of you along for every adventure...Who knows, maybe the road will take me to yankeetown..... PS....It's also time to cut the apron strings - well actually the apron strings are cutting me! Charlotte, my daughter (the traitor) is moving to Seattle around October 5th for an undisclosed amount of time...My brother lives there! They have never met, but they have become facebook friends (another commercial) so I'm very excited for that reunion as well!!! The great news is that on October 3rd, there's a Jacksonville Jaguars/COLTS game and I bought a bunch of tickets from my college job...For $40, you get the ticket, a shirt, a tail gate, and free parking and a shuttle from the college which is less than 2 miles away...So Tim brings 2 friends, Char brings 2 friends, and I suppose I get to bring 1....sounds like a great TTFN (Tigger, Ta Ta For Now) party!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the dress!!! It looks amazing...and you never would know from the picture that it's not zipped...maybe it'll work for the party if you never turn around?! Ha! That's both exciting and sad news about Charlotte...good luck with that! I was left crying on the curb of Albany when my parents finally left after dropping me off at college, and that was only a 1 1/2 hour drive! What can I say...I'm pretty ruled by my emotions! Enjoy your tiggeriffic party and keep looking for that perfect dress..I'm sure it'll pop right out at you at the most unexpected time or place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah..i have time to look...i almost thought i could find a tailor and just make the closing on the back those horizontal strips of fabric and take the zipper out...seems like a lot of work...but that is last case scenario! surprisingly, Char is not a big hugger...i will force her to hug me because i'm guessing after the Jaguar game, that will be it for awhile...i guess life is all about change and rites-of-passage...this is an important move for my girl...she never really healed up after her miscarriage, so this will be a good temporary move! love the reference to TIGGER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Look at YOU!!!!...You are one sexy mama!..It SHOULD be a year of celebration for you ...The world is a better place just having you in it...I don't love the aging factor that I feel that I have to "spackle" my visible parts before I leave the house, but I am just happy to still be living and loving my life---We are forces to be reckoned w/sister!...My sister always calls herself "Fifty and Fabulous"--love that!...Congrats on Mr. Mans promotion----So funny, I just got a dress from White House Black Market for 59.99, specifically for a Christmas party....Look online at their sales...Good dress deals...Ugh!, your girl is moving...Sometimes we need a change of scenary to realize "There's no place like home" ala Dorothy...Keep me posted on how she (and you) make out....Spending the weekend in, writing a )(*&^%%%$$$^^&** !paper...Steve is in Myrtle Beach w/some high school buddies golfing this weekend--perfecxt timing....This is my second to last paper I will have to write--woo-hoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be a year of celebration!!! Actually the pre-celeb will begin in Cuba..looks like my travel dates will be October 22 to October 31...HOORAY...then, November 19 and 20 for the National Council for Teachers of English at EPCOT...I think Mr. Man is coming up for that...then the real party can get started on 12-2....I will look up your favorite store where "everybody knows your name"....About my girl...big pit in my stomach, but don't tell her...I think she just needs a break from Jax...Maybe she will find a new home...Th great thing is she has been facebooking my brother, her Uncle John a lot about weather, all sorts of stuff, so she'll have some built-in family not to mention the "perfect baby" family that she's going up with...October 3rd we are all going to a JAGS game, just Tim, Char, me, and 5 of their friends...that will be the end of our family as we knew it...but it's ok for change..right?? CONGRATS ON ALMOST BEING FINISHED WITH THE BEAST TEACHER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could only imagine, Cin....At least she will have a connection there...Someone to watch over her in close proximity...Ahhhh, Oct. 22nd--my godson's birthday....He will be 14 this year!...I helped bring him into this world :)...I will certainly remember your travel date now! ...SO exciting...Not too shabby having a conference in Epcot--and your honey will be there to boot.... Chat soon. XXX A

    ReplyDelete